Saturday, February 6, 2010

SPECIAL TIME and SCHEDULES

THERE HAS TO BE SPECIAL TIME, A TIME WHERE EACH CHILD KNOWS THAT THEY
CAN JUST "BE" WITH YOU.

This becomes MOST IMPORTANT when you children are in school full time and have a full schedule of activities. Heres what we do with six children:

My four year old knows I pick him up from his local nursery school everyday at Noon
so we have alone time, but we make it special time when we do a SPECIAL TIME activity
which for now is 1/Climbing Rocks in Central Park 2/Using the sewing machine together

Our last special time we sat down at the sewing machnie and the bobbin which holds the top thread to the lower thread was empty. I dediced to let him sew on even though the switch wasnt connecting, because it was in the good feeling of sewing that we were sharing a special time. It didnt matter that nothing was being made!
The distraction of me trying to make everything perfect would have taken away from
it being his special time activity.

My six year old knows that I pick her up every day at 2:30pm, one hour before her
older brothers finish school and she announced the SPECIAL TIME she wants to have based on the ones that have already been successful -A swing on the Tire in the Park // -A candy and a coffee shared anywhere we can sit and talk about the day // - Return to the home for a start of an arts and craft (which she will finish quietly while I head out again...... to pick up the other Four Children. 13,12,10 and 8 years old boys !

Monday is the 10 year olds day, it always has been,
-and we end up at le Pain sharing over something chocolate right before dinner
Wed or Sunday is when I get the 12 year old (based upon football season)
-and we walk around aimlessly in Times Square
Friday the 13 year old allows me to buy him lunch or sneak him off to a museum,
test out my lastest therories from my latest child/teen/puberty books
Saturday the 8 year old and I take out the dog before 9:00am off the leash in Central Park and we end of at the Boat House for breakfast !!! Its snowsuits for today !


Everyday we have dinner at the dining room table between 5:00pm and 5:30pm.
WATCH OUT FOR MY DINNER TIME BLOG

6:30pm is HOMEWORK TIME and for most of my children it is automatic drive
to retrieve the backpacks from the backpack closet and proceed to their
homework desks !

Everyday all computers in our house must be turned off by 8:00pm ALL internet.
(Jr high school homework has become an exception )

WATCH OUT FOR MY BEDTIMES BLOG

These special times and schedules are the core and roots of what our family does and what the children in the house can rely on. This is where one can feel themselves as ONE child with the benefits surrounded by being in the mix of SIX.

On our last special time with my daughter I found a needlepoint shop on 311 East 81st called WOOLWORKS and for a very small fee I purchase a needlepoint, two needles, all the thread I needed and got a lesson on how to needlepoint. My intention is to teach my daughter something new she is CAPABLE OF being successful at. I will not correct a stitch and the finish product will be dates and a keep sake in our life FORVER.

FOREVER AND TREASURE BOXES another blog

No comments: