Sunday, February 7, 2010

CREATING MEMORIES AND TREASURE BOXES

Once of the most important things that you and your child
will have is the memories that you create while you are
raising them.

These are the memories you can recall at Holiday Dinners
and the ceremonies that your family has FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES.

Memories are also created while you are living in the moment.

Here is what we do:

When I take a child out for a special time activity and I bring
my camera, I make a point for us to take pictures of certain activities
that we are doing together.

I share with them the pictures in my camera at the end of the day and I edit them together with this child so they are reminded of the memory we created.

Before I go to sleep, I download the pictures into the computer, which takes about 5 minutes, then I download the pictures into a SHUTTERFLY, KODAK, or AMERICAN GREETINGS
site which is Super easy to do but takes about an hour for every 50 pictures so its great to wake up in the morning with the file completed.I make time during the week to create a photobook of the events. Sometimes my special time is doing the album together. All you need in 16 pictures for a simple cloth covered photo book and about 10 minutes to press auto fill with your pictures and make sure the pictures are all centered and press purchase.

When the book arrives in about a week I take a sharpie and write on the binder
the name of the child and the date.

When you enter my home in the foyer I have everyones books all labeled and available to look at EVERYDAY !! It is never too late to start.

One of the activities we do during rainy, lazy, special time days is pull out
all the books of that one child and remember the memories.

TREASURE BOXES:
I have wooden boxes which I have had nameplaces made for. The name plates like you might see on someones desk in an office setting stuck on the boxes with doublestick tape. Inside each of the boxes might be a Needlepoint that I made with a child, playbill from a school play with a picture i took attached to it, a part of a cast
from an accident, a mothers day card, a special baby toy, that clay fingerpot,....

Remember when you change and update pictures from the frames around your house to
put the older pictures into the treasure box and not have them piling up and mixing up in boxes in the back of your closet.

My plans are that the treasure box and the books will become the memories of a
wonderful childhood which will remind my children how loved they were !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great organizational tips in this post.

Unknown said...

Love this and have seen it in action while traveling with you. I think you should have this patented! Great ideas...keep them coming!

Unknown said...

You are amazing! Thank you for so many good tips, but hank you specially for being such a great person to follow!!!